What fun!! I get to torture all of you with what my children get to be tortured with!! I am a bit of a book weirdo in some ways. I like to read everything in a book--from cover to cover. This includes the copyright, the illustrations, where it was published--all the way to the footnotes and any publisher notes even at the end! And so--here are some interesting things I have found tucked into the first couple of pages of "Created to be his helpmeet"...
First off--the picture on the front of the book is a model of their daughter. Isn't that precious?
OK, here is an amazing thing--this book has been reprinted SEVEN times!! Wow. First published in 2004 and within 3 years it reached its seventh printing!! That in itself says a whole lot. Well--I guess it doesn't have to mean a whole lot, but the subject itself wouldn't attract much attention from the world, I don't think. I am really amazed at how many printings happened in three years.
The Introduction is so sweet--from her husband--and it is clear how totally in love with her he is.
Guess what? Sometimes I torture my children by reading the table of contents at the beginning and end of our reading sessions!! LOLOL! Poor things! But don't you get excited when you see what's coming? And then we try to guess how it will end and what will be coming in the next chapters... Well, I won't do that to you. But one of the things that I really fell in love with was the Table of Contents. And what I noted was how indepth the issues discussed in the book were--and it makes me excited to get to those chapters!
One last thing before I sign off tonight. Debi begins with a story, "Once upon a time"...and she tells how the Lord brought her and her husband together. I would like to share some quotes from that section.
"Regardless of what kind of person you have been in the past, with instructions from God's Word, you can become a heavenly-gift bride. You can still be your man's dream come true, and in the process your dreams will come true also."
"Each day is a decision, each hour a challenge, and each response starts you toward either the quicksands of divorce or the solid ground of being blessed 'heirs together of the grace of life'"
"If you will turn to God, asking him to open your eyes to his instruction for wives, he will open his Word to you..."
Father God, please open our eyes to see the truth of Your Word--open our minds to understanding, a true understanding that changes our hearts. Help us to be the person you created us to be--to fulfill the purpose in our lives that You planned from before the beginning of time. May You be glorified in our lives, Lord, and in our marriages.
Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from Thy law.
Ps. 119:18
I shall run in the way of Thy commandments, for Thou wilt enlarge my heart.
Ps. 119:32
Give me understanding, that I may observe Thy law and keep it with all my heart.
Ps. 119:34
Thy hands made me and fashioned me; give me understanding, that I may learn Thy commandments.
Ps. 119:73
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just got my copy of the book...will get started soon and hopefully we can have lots of things to share. I love how you use the "How to Read a Book" method ;)....plan on having all my kids read that before they enter the R stage of TOG....you're training them early!
ReplyDelete