Welcome to an attempt to bring glory to God by sharing what He is teaching me in my life--and hopefully I will also be able to glean from the wise and godly ladies who share what the Lord is teaching them as well.
"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be adequate, fully equipped for every good work."
1 Ti. 3:16-17
I am excited to begin this journey. I am starting a book called, "Created To Be His Helpmeet" by Debi Pearl--a book highly recommended to me over 6 years ago (and many times since), and which I am only just beginning. I will be posting what the Lord shares with my heart here--and hope that you will also join me in reading this work and continuing the process of building your marriage in a world where we are tempted at every turn to be unfaithful in thought, word, action, feelings.
I do have a disclaimer. That is, that I am a sinner who is constantly being refined for the glory of God. That means that I will understand things differently years from now than I do currently--that means that I will make mistakes--and it means that I will never stop learning and growing. "Mercy triumphs over judgement", and whatever is posted here will be guided by "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification, according to the need of the moment that it may give grace to those who hear." Eph. 4:29
Thank you for joining me on this journey of faith!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the world of blogging!!! I'll have to subscribe to your blog so I can be sure to know when you write.
ReplyDeleteI'll also look into the book you've started reading or maybe I'll just read your insights=)
And hey, I'm bummed you didn't go with wordpress! What can I say?
Corrine, Thank you for listening to the Lord in this. I, too, have been wanting to read that book for years. I just finally purchased one a couple of weeks ago and have not started it yet. I am going to try and get started. One of my daughters just read Preparing to be His Helpmeet and recommended it to her younger sister who is in a courtship relationship. I figured it was time I finally read Created... And then move on to the next one. :)
ReplyDeleteHa! Sorry, Andrew didn't make that comment. Andrew is my son. He also has a blog and somehow blogger used his name instead of mine. This is Lori C. in MO.
ReplyDelete